2006-2007 CERT Board Members
Chair - Dayna Devlin
Vice-Chair - Phyllis Mauldin
Secretary - Lori Grender
Treasurer - Jacquie Beveridge
Communications - Lon Bradley
Publicity - David Stoutenburg
Planning - Anne Machalek
Education - Jean Busby
Advisor 1 - Dave Davis
Advisor II - Nancy Ruch
CERT JANUARY EVENTS
- CERT BI-MONTHLY MEETING (All CERT Members): Wednesday, January 10, 2007, 7 p.m. at
the Florence Firestation One (26th & Hwy 101). Main Agenda Item: A Communications Exercise, bring FRS/GMRS
Radios. Refreshments will be served. See you There!
- "ARE YOU READY" CLASSES: Tuesday, January 9, 2007, 6-9 p.m. & Saturday January
13, 2007, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. @ Firestation One. You need to enroll by calling Janet at 997-3212 so we know how many books to
order. Tell your relatives, friends or neighbors! Learn to prepare for emergencies.
UPCOMING SPRING CERT CLASS
April 2, (Monday) 6-9 p.m.
April 7, (Saturday) 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
April 9, (Monday) 6-9 p.m.
April 14 (Saturday) 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
All Classes will be held at the Florence Firestation One (26th & Hwy. 101). To enroll
call Janet at 997-3212.
CERT Rodeo, Saturday April 14, 2007 noon-4
p.m. Victim Volunteers are needed as well as someone to teach a mini-class on bleeding & bandaging. Contact Jean Busby
at 997-5810 if you can help out.
Linda Cook, Lane Co. Emergency Manager
The National Office of Citizen Corps is pleased to announce that the 2007
National Citizen Corps Conference will be held June 10 - 13, 2007,
at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center in Alexandria,
Virginia. The conference is being held in conjunction with the International Association of Emergency Managers and the
National Emergency Management Association. Information on registration will be coming soon.
CERT General Board Meeting Nov. 9, 2006
- Meeting was called to order at 7:04 pm
- Minutes from the previous meeting were accepted
- In attendance were 18 affiliates including board members:
- Lon Bradley
- Nothing new was reported
Continuing Education by Ann
- The Train the Trainer program will be held November 18 between 1pm and 3pm here at the
- Tentative Topics to be discussed
Brainstorm ways to maintain a continued interest and participation
of graduating classes
- o The next R-U-Ready class
will be held January 11 and 13
- o The ICS-200 class will be
scheduled sometime after the first of the year for a 12 to 16 hour class
CERT Active Roster Update
- A roster was passed around to all in attendance to validate current information and to update
requisite data such as when graduation took place.
CERT Graduating Class October 2006
- Nancy passed out certificates to the CERT graduating class October 2006
- ID badges with the new lanyard would be presented at a later time
Nominated a new Treasurer
- Jacquie Beveridge was nominated and seconded to be our new CERT treasurer
According to the bank statement as of September 29th, there is $793.96
- There is no money to fund the purchase of new backpacks for future CERT graduating classes
Jim Perry announced that Toast-Masters will be meeting December 18th at the fire station and
everyone is invited to attend
- However it was suggested that a food fund-raiser might be appropriate
to amend the deficit
- Ann will discuss the R-U-Ready classes
Phil Cook and Jean Busby will be additional speakers
The meeting will attempt to identify problems on:
- How to get more people to sign up for CERT
Establish leadership roles in their own neighborhood
Drill training citywide
Adjourned business 7:25pm